Sabine Weber, MES, B.A. (Hons.), President
Sabine worked for nearly twenty years in Europe as product manager/head of design in the fashion industry and as international buyer/team leader in retail for different brands before she came to Canada in 2010. She has been working as a college instructor and is teaching courses in fashion marketing, product knowledge, sustainable fashion, product management and international trade. While teaching at Humber College she discovered her passion for ethical and sustainable fashion and decided to go back to university to earn a master’s degree in Environment and Resource Studies at the University of Waterloo with a focus in waste management and social marketing. In her thesis she examined textile waste and studied the ways consumers manage their unwanted garments in order to developed strategies to change behaviour. In December 2015 she founded Sustainable Strategies & Solutions, for which she currently works on different consultancy projects.
- Upcoming: “Tip of the Iceberg”: Textile Diversion and EPR Symposium May 4th, 2016
- University of Waterloo guest speaker at True Cost movie showing, November 2015
- WEAR conference panel moderator, Toronto, October 2015
- Weber, S., Lynes, J., & Young, S.B. (2016). “Fashion interest as a driver for consumer choice of textile waste management: reuse, recycle or disposal”. International Journal of Consumer Studies. Forthcoming.
- Weber, S. (2015). “The Afterlife of Clothes”. Alternatives Journal.
- Weber, S., & Hui, S. (2015). “Designing a Better World”. Alternatives Journal.